Thursday, August 28, 2014

Launch Party Pictures!

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who took the time to come to my launch party for my latest novel, Skies Like These. It was so fun to meet new readers and connect with old friends.  If you are far away or were unable to attend, here is a summary of the fun:


candy station! with Butterfingers in honor of Roy, the main boy character in the novel - you got to choose candy sticks and a super fun doggy bookmark as well.



Prize Wheel!  My lovely and lively pal Paige ran this station - you could spin the wheel and get all sorts of swag including little dogs and horses (which go along with the novel, of course)  

Here is a peek at the prize wheel loot!

We also had a western tattoo station - here is my darling daughter Meagan playing the part - she did a great job running this station :)


There was a fantastic turn out - and everyone seemed to be having a great time.  I can't express how it feels to see people hold your book like this.  Amazing.

 Of course, I did my little spiel.  Here I'm showing my edit stack -- it's a lot of work to publish a novel, but it's more fun than I ever imagined and totally worth it.  I get excited when edits show up in the mail!


I signed books!


We had a Western Photo Booth! That was the big hit of the day, for sure.  Here I am with my hubby, kids and mom hamming it up.  Props to Picture It Photo Booths for their amazing service.

Noble from The Kings English Bookshop came down from Salt Lake as our bookseller.  The frog and foam hats you see in the background were give aways too.  He was such a good sport, especially when I dragged him into the photo booth for a 'matching moustache' pic....

voila!  

*
All in all a great event - and none of it could have happened without the support of friends, family, fellow writers and readers.  That continually amazes and surprises me.  Thanks all!
*
pictures taken by our long time friend James Samson - thanks James!
*

9 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Tess, how fun is this????

Brandon Barr said...

Wow, that an exciting launch party. I didn't know they could be so much fun.

Tess said...

Caroline and Brandon: It was fun ... we wanted to make it a party worthy of someone's Saturday afternoon and I think it turned out (at least I really hope people felt it was). Thanks for you comments :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

It was super fun! You're book is up next in my queue to read. Can't wait!

ilima said...

Such a great launch party!

Tess said...

Glam and Ilima: thank you both for coming - it was really great to see writerly friends :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, looks like so much fun!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow, it looks like you had a wonderful launch party! Congratulations!!!

Tess said...

Anne Marie: it was fun, but nerve wracking, but fun, but scary, but fun.... :D

Sharon: hello dear writing friend - wish you were close enough to have joined in. Wishing you well!!!