Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Favorite Part About This Author-Thing

I am often asked what my favorite thing about being an author is.
And it's an easy answer...

the people

Other readers and writers --  those that step out of nowhere and cheer you on or champion your work.  


I had a moment with this late last night.  I was working on a new historical novel, deep in research on child labor laws, when I took a break and checked my email. What was there?  A tweet notice from fellow author Corey Rosen Schwartz link (picture book author extraordinaire - Three Ninja Pigs, Goldi Rocks and the Three Bears and her new release Ninja Red Riding Hood ).  

Corey noticed some good news about my new novel, Skies Like These, and gave it a shout out.  Apparently it was chosen by Amazon as one of their "Best Books of the Month - Editors Pick".
I had no idea and likely wouldn't have known if it weren't for Corey.

But that's the world of Children's Literature.  People are sincerely kind and supportive.

Was I happy to hear the good news? Absolutely!  Here's the link if you want to see it...  Best Middle Grade Books - July 

But the reason I went to bed smiling wasn't because of Amazon's pick.  It was because I felt part of a community that thrives on lifting and helping one another.

It's an amazing thing.  Thanks, Corey!

check Corey's work out on Goodreads and Amazon.

Tell me:  When was the last time you were surprised by a good deed or kind word?

6 comments:

ilima said...

Totally agree! And I just picked up Ninja Red Riding hood at ALA. :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

That is wonderful!!! Our networks and support here in this business are so important!

Corey Schwartz said...

Aw, now I'm smiling! :)

Crystal said...

Wonderful news, Tess! Hope you had a happy 4th of July!

dellgirl said...

Congratulations of the good news, Tess. This is so awesome and I am really excited for you! Keep up the good work.

Wishing you a great weekend and, I hope your 4th of July was a good one.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Great news, Tess!