Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Am I bugging you?

*
Okay, I swear not to bug you all with blabbering on and on about my upcoming release...

but, when you work at something for NINE YEARS and then someone actually reads your little story and says, "hey, that's not so bad"


it is a super cool feeling.


and you kind of want to share that joy with like minded pals.


so... guess what?


With a Name Like Love
is an American Booksellers Association (think Indiebound) New Voices pick for 2011!!


We have a little joke in our family....we say, "But enough about me....what do you think about me?"

I really hope I'm not being that person.


Ben and Jerry's all around....I'm having Heath Bar Crunch...what shall I scoop for you?



16 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Are you kidding me, girl? You better be shouting from the rooftops! If the neighbors complain, you can send them to me.

Amy Saia said...

Congratulations. And since this is your blog, I don't think you can talk about it too much!

Anna Staniszewski said...

Wonderful news. Hooray! And I LOVE that saying; I might just have to adopt it. :-)

kah said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!
Brag away and be proud.

I don't have any B&J but I have Twix ice cream so cheers to you! *raises spoon of yummy goodness*

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Cherry Garcia, please! I'm so happy for you. Maybe I'll go shout from my rooftop--you deserve it.

Tess said...

awwww...thanks guys. I am lucky to have such kind blogerly co horts.

Sarah said...

Wonderful, amazing news!!!! Congratulations!

Melinda said...

Wow! So fantastic and so deserved. Congratulations.

storyqueen said...

I remember when you queried this book and your agent said something to the effect of, "I love this book, I am not sure if I can sell it, but I am sure going to try" and LOOK AT YOU NoW!

Can't wait to read it!!

Shelley

Martin Willoughby said...

You just keep on bugging. No one expects you to keep quiet about a baby or a new house or a new job, so why should they expect you to keep quiet about a book being published?

MG Higgins said...

You MUST share wonderful news like this. congratulations! (Nine years?! You give me hope.)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Oh, that is so amazing, Tess! Congratulations!! :) I am so excited to read it. :)

Amy

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Congratulations!!! You should be sharing all the great news! Especially when you have worked so hard. I say good for you! This is an exciting time and you should enjoy every second of it! Cheers to you!!! : )

Davin Malasarn said...

Congratulations, Tess! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, Tess! I'm so happy for you!

Tess said...

thanks for sharing the joy... by belly is exploding from the "celebration treats" I've been allowing myself. Time to reign it in :o